We are hiring a Frontend Engineer to work on our enterprise carbon management software.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What would I be doing?
As part of the engineering team, you will work on building our SaaS tool that allows companies to measure and track their greenhouse gas emissions, set reduction goals and report on progress towards a cleaner future. You will also work on the Sweep marketplace that allows companies to make contributions to cutting edge climate solutions.
To be more specific, this includes:
- Develop and own features of the core product 🌱
- Participate in every stage of the development life-cycle, from design to implementation, testing, rollout and making everything run smoothly in production
- Develop front-end features and UI
- Be a team citizen 👫
- Participate actively in team meetings (standup, planning, etc)
- Review and comment pull requests and code changes
- Collaborate on the technical design of significant features
- Maintain and extend our design system ⚙️
- Build and set up new components according to the latest designs
- Collaborate with the Product Design team to create pixel perfect components
- Build highly extensible and reusable components
- Pursue quality 🔍
- Make incremental, well-tested changes
- Improve and extend the QA processes
- Implement and improve code style, typings and tooling
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a software developer in frontend development
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like React, TypeScript
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- You hold a Master degree in computer science
- You have a passion for solving problems, developing the solutions and building products
- You are enthusiastic, self motivated and autonomous
- You value qualitative software and clean code
- You bring all-round communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- You are a team player and aim for velocity
- You care about our mission of creating a better future for all of us
Great, and what's in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that has the humble ambition to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re hitting the ground running and aim to have an impact fast. Joining this journey allows you to really help shape our path.
We’re a fun bunch of people that want to work hard, and enjoy ourselves while doing so. And we believe in creating a calm environment, that knows that life is not just work, and we’ll all be doing better work because of that.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we’re a Entreprise à Mission and a B Corp.
Pay and benefits 💰
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- A computer on loan
- Allowance for your smartphone subscription
Now, what are you waiting for? 😀