Sweep is hiring a Senior Backend Engineer for our pioneering carbon management software.
Climate change is the defining challenge of our era, and technology is at the center of the fight. Sweep is arming companies with tools to manage their climate impact, thereby contributing to a better future for everyone.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
As a key player in our Engineering team, you'll construct the server-side logic of our groundbreaking SaaS tool. This platform empowers companies to measure, track, and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions while contributing to advanced climate solutions.
More specifically, your mission will involve:
- Developing and owning features of the core product, from data models to the GraphQL API
- Actively participating in team meetings and contributing to significant feature designs
- Building and setting up new services, such as background jobs and lambda functions
- Automating deployments via our CI/CD systems and integrating these services into the existing environment
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Pursuing quality through incremental, well-tested changes and improving QA processes
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- Engineer degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in backend development
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Ability to deliver on multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision
- A passion for problem-solving, creating solutions, and building products
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and autonomous
- A strong team player who values quality software and clean code
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborator at heart
- Committed to our mission of creating a better future for all of us
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
By joining Sweep, you'll be part of an exciting startup with a vision to change the world. We're ready to hit the ground running, and joining us at this early stage allows you the unique opportunity to help shape our journey.
Our flexible work model allows you to balance personal and professional commitments while staying connected with your global colleagues. Even though our hubs are in Paris, London, and Montpellier, we're committed to fostering a connected and engaged remote work culture.
As a B Corporation, we're dedicated to creating successful businesses that benefit everyone, including society and the planet.
Ready for the most exciting chapter of your career? Come join us on this extraordinary ride!